This article explains how to log PTO/absences directly as a Scheduler instead of having the staff submit a request from their end first. This can be done in Daily Planning and from the PTO Calendar.
- In Daily Planning, click the Log PTO button (available in all parts of Daily Planning).
- Fill out the form.
- Type comes from the Dictionaries.
- Partial Day PTO: Choose Yes and a new field will appear to enter total time they will be off, e.g. 2h 30m. Choose No and a new field will appear to enter To date. It can be empty for single day.
- Check Unplanned if the PTO was not planned (for reporting purposes). When checked, a new field will appear to enter an Unplanned Flag for reporting purposes. The unplanned Flag comes from the Dictionaries.
- Click Log PTO. The staff will be greyed out in the resource pool to indicate their absence.
Tip: once logged, the staff will be removed from any activity they are assigned to (unless it was Partial PTO). Check Un-assigned activities to find un-assigned rooms quickly.
PTO can also be logged from the PTO Calendar.