To distribute funding, you can set up accounts on individual awards.
Please note: Setting up an account requires full Award Admin rights. Administrators with Preliminary Award rights are limited to creating Temp Accounts.
Adding an Account
- Search for the award that needs an account added to it.
- In the Award Administration screen, click the Distributions tab, and click .
- In the New Account dialog, enter the account number you wish to use in the Account No. field. This number identifies the account in your financial system. If the account number already exists in Cayuse SP, you can select it. You can also search for accounts via the unit name or the PI name.
- If the account does not exist yet, click to launch the Add Account dialog.
Creating a New Account
Once you click , the Add Account dialog will appear. The PI and Admin Unit will auto-populate from the linked award.
Only three fields for accounts are required: Account No, F&A Rate, and Status. Complete additional fields if desired. If you're adding an account to an Award that doesn't have any distributions yet, you'll be able to select the award Type on the General tab of the Award Administration screen.
Usually, the first account on an Award is a Prime account. You should only select Sub if you plan to add another Prime account later. See Guide to Account Fields for more information.
Click when you've entered all the relevant information.
Creating a Temp account is almost identical to the process for creating an account.
- After arriving on the Distributions tab, click . You'll be brought to the Add Account dialog.
- Enter an account number. If you don't yet know the final account number, you can use a temporary numeric designator such as 00000.
- Enter the early award amount into the Amount on Account field.
- Set the status of Account to either be Preliminary or Set-Up in Progress. The F&A Rate field is not required.
- Click .