This article explains how to handle the scenario when the species in the room changes, e.g. a rabbit housing room is converted to Dog housing room, a procedure room is changed to a rabbit housing room.
These instructions cover a hypothetical situation when a rabbit housing room is converted to house dogs.
- In Schedule Setup > Room > edit the room > open the Racks tab.
- Hide the rabbit racks (do not change species on the existing rack).
- Add the new dog kennels.
- Go to Scheduled Activities tab and hide the activities that no longer apply.
- Click Add/update room template button.
- Add new room template for Dogs.
- Edit the activities as needed. Click Show missing info list to take care of missing data.
Tip 1: Click Update Schedule for this Room to update Daily Planning immediately without waiting for automatic nightly updates.
Tip 2: If switching back to Rabbits in the future, simply hide the dog records and un-hide the rabbit records again. The rabbits won’t need to re-added, only un-hidden.