The IACUC coordinator has complete control over the protocol workflow. IACUC's flexibility allows you to perform any of the following actions without any pre-set order:
- return the protocol to unfinished status (only applies to New and De Novo protocols)
- conduct an IACUC review (review by coordinator)
- edit the protocol (only applies to New and De Novo protocols)
- submit the protocol to the veterinarian for a vet review and recommendations
- submit the protocol to the IACUC Chair for review and recommendations
- submit to one or multiple committee members for review and recommendations
- move a protocol to a meeting agenda for discussion
- approve the protocol
IACUC sends an email each time a protocol is submitted.
To open the IACUC workflow, click on the hyperlink found on the protocol number in either the Protocols in Review or Continuations in Review alert.
- Protocol Info: Information about the protocol submission. The Revision Number indicates the current revision. This number is advanced each time the PI responds to recommendations and returns the protocol to the IACUC office. The Workflow From/To indicates who submitted the protocol and where it is in the IACUC workflow.
- Submit: IACUC submits the protocol to PI, Member(s), Chairperson(s) or Vet(s) for review. Only available when the protocol is in the IACUC office.
- Workflow History: The first grid, Revision Reviewers, documents the reviewers, the status of their review and the general comments they may have entered. The Workflow History grid displays the date/time stamp for each cycle of the review.
- Signatures: Stores the date/time stamp each time the PI, IACUC Coordinator, Vet or Reviewers enter their password to submit the protocol.
- Email Notifications: Stores the date/time stamp of each email notification that was sent out during the review process. Every time a protocol is submitted, Cayuse IACUC sends an email notification.
- Approve Now: The IACUC coordinator approves the protocol from here.
Other Workflow Actions
- IACUC Review: Coordinator reviews protocol and provides comments. Available when protocol is IN IACUC coordinator workflow.
- Move to Meeting: Puts protocol on the upcoming meeting agenda. Available when protocol is IN IACUC coordinator workflow.
- Return to Unfinished Status: Coordinator may send protocol back to PI without committee review or recommendations. Available when protocol is IN IACUC coordinator workflow and no recommendations have been made.
- Edit Protocol: Opens protocol for editing by coordinator. Available when protocol is IN IACUC coordinator workflow. Not available on Amendments or Continuing Reviews.