If you do not have the Fund Manager application, you need to import your Salary transactions in order to begin the process for Effort Certification.
Two files files can be found attached at the bottom of this article and should be downloaded for the following purposes:
- File #1 is a data dictionary to reference when completing File #2.
- File #2 is a .CSV pre-formatted template file that is used for the Financial Import. To use this file properly:
- Enter all your data beginning in row 3.
- Once all data is entered, use the Format painter to copy the format from row 2 to all the rows you entered.
- Delete row 2.
- Save your file with a different name in order to always reference this template each time you need to import payroll transactions. We suggest you save it with a reference to the pay periods or dates you are importing.
Once you have completed the steps listed below, please refer to the Using the Effort Importer article.
Getting Started with Financial Import
- In the menu located on the right-hand side, select the settings wheel and then select Imports.
- Select Financial Import from the options on the left side of the page.
- In the Financial Import, you will see a list of previous imports. Select Import New File.
- Select the csv file with your formatted payroll transactions. Then Click Submit.
- A pop-up will display, indicating that the import has started. You may close out of the pop-up and continue working while the upload is processing in the background.
- Depending on the size of your import, completion can take varying amounts of time. Completed file uploads will appear on the Financial Import landing page with the date and time of the import.
The columns in the Financial Import landing page display additional information about the imports.
- Select the imported file to view important messages regarding the upload, including: Informational, Debug, and Error messages. The default view provides all Error messages, therefore, your page might be blank if you have no Error messages. In that scenario, you may filter to view Information and Debug messages.
- If any of the salary transactions in the upload produce an exception, you will see an Error message. Error messages can be resolved and reuploaded, or ignored and deleted with no upload.
- Resolving Error messages with missing data: Add the required data in the corresponding code table within the application as specified in the message. Once that is complete, select the Load button in order to reload the records that initially had exceptions.
- Resolving Error messages where no data loaded due to the entire file having format issues: Resolve the format issue in the csv data template and reload the file beginning with step 3 above.
- Resolving Error messages where some data loaded and some did not, due to having format issues (2 options):
- Reverse the Import File, fix the format issues in the rows that errored, then reload the entire file beginning with step 3 above OR
- Copy only the transaction rows that had an error from your original csv data file, save those transactions to a new csv file, fix the format issue in those rows, then reload just those transactions beginning with step 3 above.
- Deleting Error messages: Select Delete All in order to remove the messages without fixing or re-uploading those records.
Replace above with this: but blocking off the same labels on the right.
- Reverse Entire Import File: Select the Reverse Import File button then another page will display and select the Reverse on that page to begin the process.