Note Access defines which groups may view a particular note. Note access can be adjusted by administrators if you'd like to restrict or enable access for certain types of individuals.
Adjusting Note Permissions
- On the administration screen, click on the Notes tab.
- Beneath Access, click on one of the listed parties.
- In the new dialogue window, select or deselect groups to adjust who has access to the note.
- Click Update.
- All Parties: any user who has permission to view the document (eg: the proposal).
- Admin Office: users with central admin office roles (Global Admin, Proposal Edit, Award, Award Preliminary, Read-only, Document Access).
- Unit Approvers and Administrators: roles assigned via Research Contacts (IPF Approver, Proposal Data Access for Proposal Notes, Award Data Access).
- IPF Creator: the proposal owner. Only for proposal notes.
- Certifying Investigator: the member of the Research Team who must certify (Lead PI, PI). Only for proposal notes.
- Lead PI: the Lead PI on the research team. Only for proposal notes.
- Research Team: any member of the research team. Only for proposal notes.