These release notes were last updated August 16, 2023. Information on this page is subject to change.
Please note: In order to enable the following release changes to your environment, we recommend clearing your cache.
Here's a quick overview of the updates in this release:
- Inactive/deleted users: email and search changes
- Accessibility improvements
- SmartLogic added to verify organization during certification
- General bug fixes related to character limits, error messaging, and downloading attachments
Release Dates and Downtime
Release dates are subject to change. Release date changes will be noted in the Change Log column below.
Downtime required: 30 minutes per environment
Deployment Time (PST)
|UAT - SG||July 18, 2023||10am|
|UAT - CA||July 18, 2023||4pm||July 19: Deployment updated to July 20th at 3pm.|
|UAT - US||July 18, 2023||4pm|
|Prod - SG||Aug 1, 2023||10am|
|Prod - CA||Aug 1, 2023||6pm|
|Prod US||Aug 1, 2023||6pm|
|All UAT||Aug 17, 2023||TBD||Aug 16: New patch ticket added to this release. See below for details.|
|All Prod||Aug 24, 2023||TBD|
Detailed Release Notes
New and Enhanced
- Changes to Inactive/Deleted Users
- New logic has been implemented to ensure inactivated or deleted recipients do not receive IRB notifications.
- Inactive or deleted users will no longer show up in a People search and Analysts or Reviewers will no longer show an option to select as new assignments .
- Platform Customers only: We are introducing a check to reduce the instances that a user will encounter an existing Platform validation rule. In order to reduce the likelihood that the user will encounter the Platform-only requirement that an organization is associated with the Primary Investigator, we have added Smart logic to verify the PI’s connection to an organization when certifying the study. The following actions will be taken if the study is missing an organization:
- If the PI has a primary organization listed in their user account, the application will copy that organization to the study.
- If the PI still has no organization listed under their account, the account will be blank and an error message will display indicating an organization needs to be added in order to certify the study.
- Patch ticket added to release Aug 16: We have fixed a timeout issue that was causing page loads to be very slow.
- The Unit name field character limit has been increased to 255 in Admin>Units>Create a new Unit and will sync properly to IRB if within the designated character limit range.
- When saving a letter template, we have added a warning message to indicate when the 100-character maximum limit has been reached. If the warning appears, please modify the subject to be <100 characters and then click Save.
- Downloading an attachment from submission comments has been fixed and allows downloading attachments added under the comments section.
- Accessibility Fixes:
- We have corrected issues that were causing some content to be misaligned, or not visible at all, when the screen was zoomed at 200% and/or 400%.
- Labels have been added to the Categories combo boxes in the Make Decision modal, making them accessible with a screen reader.
- A keyboard can now be used to select a date for the following fields in the date selector tool within the Make Decision modal: Result Date, Admin Check-in Date, Expiration Date
(Ref ID: 20.06.26)