Why is Grants.gov being migrated to the cloud?
Migrating Grants.gov to the cloud will provide many benefits, including:
- Fewer maintenance outages
- Better availability and performance
- Increased scalability, agility, and flexibility
- Improved security
- Modernized infrastructure better equipped to support future system enhancements
- An overall improved user experience
What is Cayuse doing to help with the migration?
Cayuse will exercise S2S on the following Grants.gov environments as they are migrated to AWS and provide feedback to Grants.gov: Staging, UAT, and Production.
What is Cayuse evaluating?
Cayuse will ensure Cayuse Proposals (S2S) is able to connect with Grants.gov and can do the following:
- Download opportunities
- Submit proposals
- Report on proposal status
- Send email notifications
- Ensure no issues arise with weak ciphers
- All functionality was working as expected when Cayuse tested in the staging environment on 8/24/22
- Cayuse does not anticipate any issues during the UAT testing window from 9/19/22 - 9/23/22
When will Grants.gov be offline?
To ensure a smooth and successful transition, an extended period of downtime has been scheduled for Grants.gov as follows:
- Grants.gov will go offline Friday, September 23, 2022, at 12:01 AM EST
- Grants.gov will come back online Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST
- Cayuse will continue to test and monitor during the testing window
Can I work on a proposal during the maintenance window?
If you plan to work on a proposal during the Grants.gov outage, be sure the opportunity you need is downloaded and available in Proposals before the outage starts.
Will the Grants.gov access URL change?
No, but even if it did, Cayuse users would be protected from such changes, since Cayuse Proposals (S2S) talks to Grants.gov on their behalf.
Will there be a change to the email address that Grants.gov uses to send notification emails?
- Yes. After the cloud migration is complete, all notification emails will come from a new email address:
- New email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old email address: doNotReply@Grants.gov
- To ensure you receive all notification emails, be sure to update any previously created email rules or contact cards with the new email address: email@example.com
- If you do not receive Grants.gov notifications when anticipated, please check your spam folder
Who can I contact for additional information?
If you have additional questions, please reach out to the Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (877) 689-3661.