Two different types of Ad Hoc tasks are used on the Cayuse Platform:
- Tasks created by you or another user within your organization.
- System-generated tasks, such as review notifications, based on the automated form rules set up by your organization
This article covers only tasks utilized on the Platform. Some Cayuse applications may utilize additional types of tasks specific to those applications. See application-specific Help Center articles to learn more.
Please note: To ensure you receive task assignment email notifications, check with your RS Admin to confirm Ad Hoc email template notifications are enabled for your organization.
Tasks may be created by you or another system user for any purpose. Once assigned, a task notification will be emailed to the assignee alerting them to the task.
You can create and assign Ad Hoc tasks directly from the Platform landing page.
- Click on the New Task button.
- Fill in the details of the New Task.
- Add attachments, if desired. Any user with edit access to the task can add attachments (see below for more information). Attachments can be dragged and dropped or uploaded using the file uploader. The following attachment parameters apply:
- Up to 9 attachments may be uploaded per task
- 75 MB maximum file size per uploaded attachment
- Select Assign and Send once the details of the task are complete.
The assignee will receive an email notification alerting them to the task for completion.
When you login to the Platform, you will see your My Tasks list. For convenience, all tasks (manually created, system-generated, and application-specific) for all Platform-connected applications will appear in this list.
Filter the view by clicking on the following:
- Assigned to Me: Tasks assigned to you.
- Created by Me: Tasks created by you.
- Open: Open tasks requiring completion.
- All: All tasks, regardless of status.
To update a Task, open it and make necessary changes. Once complete, click Save Changes.
Deleting a Task Attachment
In order to delete an attachment, open the task and select the trash can icon to the right of the file you wish to delete. Confirmation pop-up will ask you to confirm the action.
Completing Manually-Created Ad-Hoc Tasks
- To close an Ad Hoc task assigned to you, click on the task in your My Tasks list or click on the link included in your task notification email.
- Update Task Status to Closed, and then click Save Changes.
Completing System-Generated Ad Hoc Tasks
System-generated tasks must be completed within a specific part of a Cayuse application that requires action. For example, a Proposal review must take place within that Proposal.
- Following the same steps-above, click on the system-generated task in your My Tasks list or click on the link included in your task notification email.
- You will be redirected to the part of the application where this task can be completed.
- Once you complete the task, it will be automatically marked as completed.