This information is requested on the Start New Proposal screen, and stored in the General Info section of an existing proposal.
- * Sponsor: Select in the pop-up window the sponsor that will directly fund the research project. Generally speaking, this is the sponsor whose name will be on the check to the institution or to whom the Central Admin Office will send invoices. If the sponsor is not listed, please contact your system administrator to add a record for the sponsor.
- Funding Opportunity/Sponsor Application Number: If applicable, enter the alphanumeric number provided by the sponsor for this proposal.
- Sponsor Program Name: If applicable, enter the program name provided by the sponsor for this proposal.
- Proposal Guideline URL: If applicable, enter the Web address of the guidelines or instructions associated with the sponsor's application.
- Prime Funding Agency: If applicable, the Prime Funding Agency applies when your institution receives a subgrant or subcontract from an intermediate funding source. (e.g., NIH awards a grant to UNC-CH and UNC-CH awards a subgrant to your institution. NIH is the Prime Funding Agency and UNC-CH is the Funding Agency.)
General Proposal Information
- * Short Project Name: This may be different than the Title of Project and is used for reference within SP. It is equivalent to the Proposal Name in 424.
- * Project Start Date: Use the calendar icon to select a start date for the project.
- * Project End Date: Use the calendar icon to select an end date for the project.
- Activity Code: Click to choose the appropriate activity type from the pop-up window (e.g., Research, Instruction, Clinical Trial).
- Proposal Type (select one option from the menu):
- Supplement: Select if requesting additional new dollars, extending period of performance or requesting a change in the scope of work on an existing award.
- New: Select if you are requesting new dollars NOT associated with an existing contract or grant.
- Non-Competing Continuation/Progress Report: Select if requesting release of dollars previously committed by the sponsor for an existing contract or grant.
- Resubmission or Amendment: Select if a previously submitted proposal is being reviewed for funding by the sponsor. The submission of a revised request would occur due to revised personnel, cost share, or budget.
- Renewal (competitive): Select if requesting new dollars for continuation of an existing award to establish a new budget period.
If the proposal does not meet one of these proposal types, please contact your Central Admin Office to discuss the specific circumstances.
- Parent Project: Select an existing project related to this proposal record. This field is available when any Proposal Type other than New or Preliminary Proposal is selected. This information is helpful for proposal reviewers and Central Admin Office staff, but the value does not actually link the proposal record to the project. When selecting a related project, you will search by investigator, then select from that investigator's projects.
- Instrument Type: Select the appropriate agreement.
- How will this proposal be submitted? Indicate the submission method for the proposal. Choose one of the following: Cayuse 424, Grants.gov forms, FastLane, Sponsor website, Email, Paper, or Other.
- Create paired Cayuse 424 proposal: Check this box to enable the Cayuse 424 Proposal section in the Item List.
- If this is a paper submission, please enter the following information: If any hard copy documentation is required to be submitted to the sponsor, it may be necessary to bring those documents to the Central Admin Office. The PI and proposal record creator will receive an email directing them to provide any hard-copy documents once the proposal record has been approved by all departments.
- How many copies are required? Enter the number of copies requested by the sponsor.
- Sponsor's Mailing Address and Contact Phone Number: Enter only the mailing address and contact information. This field should be no more than 255 characters. Enter any detailed submission instructions in the Submission Notes section.
- * Award Admin Dept: Select the lead unit that has the responsibility to manage the project should it be awarded.
- * Primary Administrative Contact: Select the Research Assistant or other designee who will serve as the contact person for this project during post-award.
- Affiliated Dept (if applicable): Select other departments or centers at your institution that will contribute space, personnel, or equipment to this project. To remove a department or center from this list, click Click Here to Choose Affiliated Dept, uncheck the department, and click Select at the bottom of the list.
- * Sponsor Deadline: Click the calendar icon to enter the date by which the proposal must be postmarked or received by the sponsor.
- * Title of Project: Include the full title of the proposal that is being submitted to the funding agency. This title should match the title on the cover letter, face page, and abstract to the sponsor.