Below is a history of enhancements, changes and bug fixes in Cayuse 424.
Cayuse 424 v6.9 - 1/23/2016
- Added support for an updated version of the HRSA_SDS class II form PDF and schema, which add additional accrediting organizations and allows for a larger tuition value. Submissions can still be completed using the old form. If you wish to use the new one, you will need to copy the data from the old form into the new one and then upload the new filled form. The new form is available on the form page.
- Added support for the new version of the SFLLL_1_2-V1.2 Disclosure of Lobbying Activities form. Most of the changes to this form are behind the scenes at the schema level.
- Added support for the new NSF_KeyPersonExpanded-V1.0 form, which is the NSF's version of the RR Key Persons form. The only difference between the forms is the addition of a new required attachment called "Collaborators and Other Affiliations" for information about the Key Person's collaborators.
For existing proposals in development that are using the old RR Senior/Key Persons form, you will need to download the re-published opportunity that includes the new form and then transform your proposal to the updated opportunity. For new proposals, please download the new opportunity.
- Added validations to support applications for an NIH Research Specialist Award (R50).
- Added validations to support the NIH's new F99/K00 activity code. According to the NIH, the F99 activity code will only be used in conjunction with the K00 activity code.
- Added validations to support the NIH's new K76 activity code.
Cayuse 424 v6.8 - 12/28/2015
- The indirect cost data on the Summary page now includes the requested indirect costs, if any, on the PHS Additional Indirect Costs form found in the Overall Component of NIH Multi-Project proposals.
- Added support for new form version SupplementaryCoverSheetforNEHGrantPrograms_3_0-V3.0.
- The autofill functionality on the RR Performance Sites form now displays institutions' short names in cases where multiple institutions have the same long name, allowing users to choose the correct institution in multi-campus environments.
- Added validation support for the Commercialization Readiness Program activity codes SB1 and UB1.
- Added temporary validations to the PHS 398 forms due to recent NIH Policy changes. The temporary validations will be used between January 25th and May 25th, after which they will be replaced by validations for the next form revision (FORMS-D), which will be required for applications submitted for due dates on or after 5/25/2016.
- Reviewed and updated NIH validations for the following activity codes: C06, DP1, DP2, DP3, DP4, DP5, G07, G08, G11, G12, G13, G20, RC1, RC2, RC3, RC4, S06, S07, S10, S11, S21, S22, SC1, SC2, SC3, UC1, UC2, UC3, UC4, UC6, UG1, UP5, X01, and X02. Added support for new activity codes OT1 (Pre-application for an Other Transaction Award) and OT2 (Research Project -- Other Transaction Award).
- The CFDA Title on page 2 of the SF424 form was unintentionally being overwritten by the Competition Title during the proposal creation process. This resulted in an error when the Competition Title was longer than the maximum length allowed for the CFDA Title.
Cayuse 424 v6.7 - 10/24/2015
- For new form version ED_524_Budget_1_3-V1.3, added an optional extra row and accompanying help text to assist in the calculation of eligible Indirect Costs associated with administering subcontracts.
- Added support for new form version ED_524_Budget_1_3-V1.3.
- Added support for Class II form HRSA_THSCGME_V1.0.
- Added support for Class II form AD_3031-FS-V1.0.
- Added support for Class II form AD_3030-FS-V1.0.
- Updated the usage agreement for subawards.com to indicate that the agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of California, unless the end user is an agency of a state and applicable laws or regulations require the jurisdiction to be the state where the end user is located. Also updated Evisions' address to reference the Irvine, CA corporate office.
- In multi-campus environments, when multiple campuses have the same legal (long) name in their Institutional Profile, Cayuse 424 now displays the unique short name in various locations to indicate the specific campus.
- Improved the performance of the user search function when managing users in the Cayuse 424 Admin area.
- Added support for importing 10-year Adobe Fed/NonFed subaward budgets.
- Added validations for new questions (#3 and #4) on the federal page of the ED-524 budget.
- The validations for DP7 grants have been updated from "NIH-Minimal" to use the stricter "NIH" validations.
- Applied NIH validation changes for the RR Cover and SKP forms.
- Applied various NIH validation changes for the SBIR/STTR forms.
- Added the competition title to the Opportunity Details window on the Opportunities page and the Opportunity Details section of the Electronic Submission page within each proposal. The competition title is now also auto-filled into the Title field in section 13 of the SF424 form.
- When multiple institutions shared the same long name, only one corresponding short name would appear in the Autofill dialog.
- NIH and NSF do not want users to enter cents amounts into the budgets, but the Adobe forms allow it. When importing an Adobe subaward budget, values were not being rounded to the nearest dollar as they should be due to interference from the override field.
- On the RR Performance Sites form, selecting many of the non-state jurisdictions of the United States resulted in an error or warning.
Cayuse 424 v6.6 - 08/01/2015
- Added support for Class II form HRSA SDS v1.0.
- Added support for version 2.1 of the PHS 398 Career Development Supplemental form, which makes the "Citizenship" section optional in order to allow foreign applicants.
- Added a column to the Opportunities tab to display the competition title for opportunities downloaded from Grants.gov.
- Added a warning message for attachments with pages sizes larger than 8.5" x 11", which is the maximum size allowed by NIH. (Note: This release does not include a dimension check for Biosketches attached to Professional Profiles, which also have this restriction.)
- Updated two validations that were removed from NIH: On the Research Plan page, removed the 30-page limit for the research plan. On the Key Persons page, removed the 2-page limit for Senior/Key Person Biosketches on DP1 and DP2 applications, which now follow the 5-page limit policy.
- Applied various NIH validation changes.
- On page 2 of the ED-524 Budget form, generating a PDF after data had been entered into the form and then deleted resulted in cached data appearing in the PDF.
- On the RR Budget v1.3 form for a 10-year budget opportunity, the numbers for Other Personnel were misaligned in the PDF output.
- On the RR Performance Sites v2.0 form, selecting the District of Columbia as the state/province resulted in an error.
- Validations for Key Person profiles were missing hyperlinks to the Project Role.
- The Key Person suffix on the RR MultiProject Budget v1 was incorrectly limited to only 5 characters, causing a validation error when it exceeded this length.
Cayuse 424 v6.5 - 05/09/2015
- Added support for the Class II AD_3031-V1.0 form.
- Added support for the ED_SF424_Supplement_1_3-V1.3 form.
- The instructions for Class II forms now recommend the use of Adobe Reader or Acrobat and provide a link to the relevant guidance on the Grants.gov website.
- Updated the NIH validation for subawards to allow up to five pages for the Senior/Key Personnel BioSketch.
- Added new NSF validations for RAPID and EAGER proposals and for the International Collaborators question.
- The text of the NIH validation warning for inactive subaward budget periods no longer suggests checking the Inactive Budget Period checkbox. Instead, it states that NIH requires a Senior/Key Person budget entry for each budget period in the subaward, and provides a link to the NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-15-073 for more information.
- The NIH validation for the Zip code of a Primary Performance Site located in the U.S. now requires a full 9-digit Zip code. The last four digits cannot be '0000'.
- Made various minor updates to NIH validations.
- When the number of budget periods entered on the Additional Indirect Costs form for the Overall component exceeded the highest number of budget periods in any linked sub-component, attempting to reopen the Overall component resulted in an error.
- When creating and linking a component from the Attachment page of the Overall component, the dialog did not select a component type by default. If the user did not choose a component type, it would create a new Overall component linked to the original Overall component. The dialog now pre-selects the first component type in the list to avoid this issue.
- The validation for form AD_3030-V1.0 provides the option to set the inclusions check box, but it was not actually checking the box.