Below is a history of enhancements, changes and bug fixes in Cayuse 424.
Cayuse 424 v6.7 - 10/24/2015
- For new form version ED_524_Budget_1_3-V1.3, added an optional extra row and accompanying help text to assist in the calculation of eligible Indirect Costs associated with administering subcontracts.
- Added support for new form version ED_524_Budget_1_3-V1.3.
- Added support for Class II form HRSA_THSCGME_V1.0.
- Added support for Class II form AD_3031-FS-V1.0.
- Added support for Class II form AD_3030-FS-V1.0.
- Updated the usage agreement for subawards.com to indicate that the agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of California, unless the end user is an agency of a state and applicable laws or regulations require the jurisdiction to be the state where the end user is located. Also updated Evisions' address to reference the Irvine, CA corporate office.
- In multi-campus environments, when multiple campuses have the same legal (long) name in their Institutional Profile, Cayuse 424 now displays the unique short name in various locations to indicate the specific campus.
- Improved the performance of the user search function when managing users in the Cayuse 424 Admin area.
- Added support for importing 10-year Adobe Fed/NonFed subaward budgets.
- Added validations for new questions (#3 and #4) on the federal page of the ED-524 budget.
- The validations for DP7 grants have been updated from "NIH-Minimal" to use the stricter "NIH" validations.
- Applied NIH validation changes for the RR Cover and SKP forms.
- Applied various NIH validation changes for the SBIR/STTR forms.
- Added the competition title to the Opportunity Details window on the Opportunities page and the Opportunity Details section of the Electronic Submission page within each proposal. The competition title is now also auto-filled into the Title field in section 13 of the SF424 form.
- When multiple institutions shared the same long name, only one corresponding short name would appear in the Autofill dialog.
- NIH and NSF do not want users to enter cents amounts into the budgets, but the Adobe forms allow it. When importing an Adobe subaward budget, values were not being rounded to the nearest dollar as they should be due to interference from the override field.
- On the RR Performance Sites form, selecting many of the non-state jurisdictions of the United States resulted in an error or warning.
Cayuse 424 v6.6 - 08/01/2015
- Added support for Class II form HRSA SDS v1.0.
- Added support for version 2.1 of the PHS 398 Career Development Supplemental form, which makes the "Citizenship" section optional in order to allow foreign applicants.
- Added a column to the Opportunities tab to display the competition title for opportunities downloaded from Grants.gov.
- Added a warning message for attachments with pages sizes larger than 8.5" x 11", which is the maximum size allowed by NIH. (Note: This release does not include a dimension check for Biosketches attached to Professional Profiles, which also have this restriction.)
- Updated two validations that were removed from NIH: On the Research Plan page, removed the 30-page limit for the research plan. On the Key Persons page, removed the 2-page limit for Senior/Key Person Biosketches on DP1 and DP2 applications, which now follow the 5-page limit policy.
- Applied various NIH validation changes.
- On page 2 of the ED-524 Budget form, generating a PDF after data had been entered into the form and then deleted resulted in cached data appearing in the PDF.
- On the RR Budget v1.3 form for a 10-year budget opportunity, the numbers for Other Personnel were misaligned in the PDF output.
- On the RR Performance Sites v2.0 form, selecting the District of Columbia as the state/province resulted in an error.
- Validations for Key Person profiles were missing hyperlinks to the Project Role.
- The Key Person suffix on the RR MultiProject Budget v1 was incorrectly limited to only 5 characters, causing a validation error when it exceeded this length.
Cayuse 424 v6.5 - 05/09/2015
- Added support for the Class II AD_3031-V1.0 form.
- Added support for the ED_SF424_Supplement_1_3-V1.3 form.
- The instructions for Class II forms now recommend the use of Adobe Reader or Acrobat and provide a link to the relevant guidance on the Grants.gov website.
- Updated the NIH validation for subawards to allow up to five pages for the Senior/Key Personnel BioSketch.
- Added new NSF validations for RAPID and EAGER proposals and for the International Collaborators question.
- The text of the NIH validation warning for inactive subaward budget periods no longer suggests checking the Inactive Budget Period checkbox. Instead, it states that NIH requires a Senior/Key Person budget entry for each budget period in the subaward, and provides a link to the NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-15-073 for more information.
- The NIH validation for the Zip code of a Primary Performance Site located in the U.S. now requires a full 9-digit Zip code. The last four digits cannot be '0000'.
- Made various minor updates to NIH validations.
- When the number of budget periods entered on the Additional Indirect Costs form for the Overall component exceeded the highest number of budget periods in any linked sub-component, attempting to reopen the Overall component resulted in an error.
- When creating and linking a component from the Attachment page of the Overall component, the dialog did not select a component type by default. If the user did not choose a component type, it would create a new Overall component linked to the original Overall component. The dialog now pre-selects the first component type in the list to avoid this issue.
- The validation for form AD_3030-V1.0 provides the option to set the inclusions check box, but it was not actually checking the box.
Cayuse 424 v6.4 - 03/21/2015
- Added support for Class II form AD_3030.
- When the NASA Senior/Key Person Supplemental Data Sheet is blank, it now indicates that you can add People by adding them to the RR Key Persons Form.
- The "DHHS-DMS PIN (for USDA CSREES proposals)" field in the institutional profile is now known as the "ASAP PIN (for USDA proposals) and automatically populates in response to question 6 on the Supplemental Information form (1.2) when it is set to Yes.
- Due to NIH changes, all subaward budget periods for an NIH application must now be active. Instead of an inactive budget period, the user must now enter a dummy budget period containing the minimal required fields, per http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-073.html. Inactive budget periods now cause a validation error notifying the user of this change.
- For all Class II forms, when the form is selected for inclusion but does not have an extractable PDF attached, the form validation now displays an error instead of a warning.
(Note: resolved issues now state the original problem rather than the resolution.)
- The Data Management Plan & Mentoring Plan attachments to the NSF Cover Page v1.6 are not included in the PDF output.
- There is no NIH validation error when the Zip code is missing from a U.S. address for a performance site due to an incomplete professional profile.
Cayuse 424 v6.3 - 02/13/2015
- Added support for the new NSF cover page, NSF_CoverPage_1_6-V1.6. This version features several changes that should reduce the need to update proposals in FastLane post-submission, including new attachment points for the Data Management Plan and Mentoring Plan, and a dropdown for Funding Mechanism.
- Added support for PDF imaging of the PHS Additional Indirect Costs form.
- Assigning a user as a Campus Administrator in Cayuse SP is now significantly faster due to improvements in the speed of granting permissions to Cayuse 424 proposals in bulk.
- Added a web service providing the ability to grant a user permissions to a supplied list of Professional Profiles. This can be used, for example, to grant a departmental administrator access to the Professional profiles belonging to the members of the department.
- When printing an entire Multi-Project proposal, the individual components now print in the same order as they appear on the Linked Components page in the Overall component. This is the same order used when submitting to Grants.gov
- Unlinked components marked as "submitted" now display a blue lightning bolt icon in the Proposals List tab, similar to the indicator used for unlinked subawards. This typically indicates that the component is intended to be exported to an external organization as part of their Multi-Project submission.
- Added NIH validations to ensure that the PD/PI role is only assigned on the Overall component of a multi-project proposal.
- Added NIH validations to verify that if any one of "Activities Outside the US", "Vertebrate Animals", or "Human Subjects" is set to Yes in the Overall component of a multi-project proposal, that it is also set to Yes in at least one of the components and is set to No otherwise.
- Added NIH validations requiring that R34 and U34 applications submitted by U.S. institutions use the PHS 398 Modular Budget Form and specifying that foreign organizations must use the SF 424 R&R Budget Form instead.
- Updated NSF validations to reflect the new version of the NSF cover page.
- Added NIH validations relating to the new five-page Biosketch.
- Added validations for the new PHS 398 Additional Indirect Costs form.
- Added NIH validations limiting the PHS 398 Research Plan Strategy to 30 pages.
- Added a warning message when a budget contains a PI with $0 in allocated funds regarding removing the PI from the FastLane representation of the budget.
(Note: resolved issues now state the original problem rather than the resolution.)
- After an AOR has approved a proposal, approval by subsequent users along the routing chain results in duplicate system notifications indicating the proposal has been authorized for submission.
- The "downloaded" date for an opportunity displays the following day in cases where users download opportunities late in the afternoon, depending on the local timezone.
- When creating a proposal, the Validation Type dropdown does not populate for Health Resources and Services Administration grant opportunities.
- Corrected a minor typo and removed duplicate text on the PDF of the PHS 398 Research Plan.
- Routing dialogs now only generate one email notification per approval action, no matter how many times the user clicks the submit button.
- When selecting an Opportunity and then clicking "Change Opportunity", the window is smaller in height than the original opportunity window.